If you’ve got a sweet tooth, these healthy Protein Power Balls make a fantastic snack. They’re easy to make and there’s no cooking involved! Just remember to go easy on them as they do contain a fair bit of energy; one serving is 1-2 balls.
Great for using up any protein powder that you don’t like the taste of when mixed as a drink 🙂
Recipe makes 15-20 balls.
– ½ cup peanut butter
– ½ cup rolled oats
– 2 tspns honey
– 1 tspn cinnamon
– 1 tblspn LSA (optional)
– 2 tblspns cacao or cocoa powder
– 1 tspn vanilla extract (optional)
– 2 scoops protein powder (any flavour, vanilla or chocolate is good!)
– Handful dried cranberries, chopped
– Handful dried dates, chopped
– Sesame seeds or desiccated coconut for rolling
Stick everything except the sesame seeds/desiccated coconut into a blender or food processor and mix it up.
Once combined, mould into 1-inch balls.
Then roll in sesame seeds or desiccated coconut. These should last in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Image / NZ Real Health