Lamb Cutlets with Bean, Strawberry and Feta Salad
This colourful dish is perfect for a relaxed summer Sunday lunch with friends. At home I like to serve these Lamb Cutlets with Bean, Strawberry and Feta Salad on the deck and enjoy the view.
Recipe provided by New Zealand Gluten-Free Chef Jimmy Boswell, food writer, chef, food stylist; author of The New Zealand Gluten-Free Cookbook, Published by Penguin New Zealand. For more info on Jimmy, visit his Facebook page.
– 12 trimmed lamb cutlets (or 6 lamb butterfly leg steaks, cut in half)
– 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
– 1 bunch mint leaves picked from stalks
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 2 tblspns red wine vinegar
– 2 tspns fine raw sugar
– 1 tblspn gluten-free Dijon mustard
– 500 g French or thin green beans blanched and shocked
– 200 g (8 oz) small strawberries halved
– 100 g (4 oz) feta crumbled
– 2 lemons cut into wedges
Place lamb in a shallow dish and drizzle with 100 ml (4 oz) oil. Add half the mint and season with salt and pepper.
Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, toss together beans, berries, feta and remaining mint.
Heat a barbecue or grill to high temperature and cook lamb in batches, 2–3 minutes each side. Toss salad with dressing and serve with lamb and lemon wedges.
Image / Jimmy Boswell