Iconic New Zealand fitness and lifestyle apparel brand Canterbury have been around since 1904, starting with the production of woolen garments deep in the heart of Canterbury. Before long they were making durable uniforms for the army during the First World War, and this led to the All Blacks rugby team approaching them to produce rugby attire.
When Canterbury got in touch with an opportunity for a morning training session at Crossfit West Auckland with professional rugby league player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, I jumped at the chance.
Despite being all zen these days and having not done a truly intense workout for over two years (thanks to the arrival of Miss E in 2015 and my subsequent journey to be a relaxed yoga teacher!), I held my own relatively well throughout the bear crawls, kettlebell swings, rope climbs, bar pikes and burpees. My running efforts were abysmal. But that was okay because I still got major kudos from the husband for training with a Warrior.
Everyone got decked out in Canterbury’s latest Spring Summer 2016 collection workout gear featuring their latest innovation of fabric technology VAPODRI (which has improved wicking properties to boost the evaporation of sweat, then got amongst the workout.
– Workout technique rundown with trainer Logan and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck –
– Kettlebell technique check –
– Getting into it –
– Catch-your-breath moment between sets –
– “Stretching…” or just dying on the floor at the end of the workout… –
– Clean Paleo protein shakes as a workout chaser –
– Art Green – Clean Paleo owner –
– Vodafone Warrior and Canterbury ambassador Roger Tuivasa-Sheck –
– Canterbury Spring Summer 2016 VAPODRI singlet and 3/4 pants –
Images / NZ Real Health