Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake
Substituting butter for dairy products such as yoghurt and milk can help reduce the fat content of your baking. This Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake is a delicious, moist cake that is super simple to make. If you would rather go without icing and love a strong lemon flavour, lightly score the top of the cake once cooked and drizzle lemon juice over the top.
– 1 cup Meadow Fresh Lovely Lemon yoghurt
– ½ cup Meadow Fresh Milk
– ½ cup cooking oil (not olive)
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups self-raising flour
– 1½ cups sugar
– Pinch of salt
– 1 cup icing sugar
– 2 tblspns softened butter
– 2 tblspns passionfruit syrup or lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
Grease and paper line the base of a 21cm cake tin.
Mix the yoghurt, milk, oil and eggs together in a bowl.
Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
Add wet mix to dry. Do not over mix. Bake for 35- 45 mins.
METHOD: PASSIONFRUIT OR LEMON ICING
Place it all in a bowl and microwave for 10 seconds. Mix well. Add more passionfruit syrup/lemon if needed. A little lemon zest can also be added. Ice cake while warm not hot.
- Cooking times do vary with this cake depending on the oven. You want a little colour on top and a knife coming out cleanly from the centre when it is cooked.
- Freezes well.
Image / Supplied