Don’t let stress get to you
There are so many different kinds of stress, sometimes it can be difficult to figure out where to start when trying to reduce it. Don’t let stress get to you! Recent research has shown that you don’t have to change your life to reduce stress; what you do need to do is change how you respond to it. Blackmores, the supplement experts behind the Blackmores Executive B Stress Formula, have given us some tips to help you de-stress:
Manage your physical energy
• Enhance your sleep by going to bed earlier and reducing alcohol intake.
• Reduce stress by exercising at least three times a week.
• Eat small meals and light snacks every three hours.
• Defuse negative emotions—irritability, impatience, insecurity—by breathing deeply.
• Adopt a reverse lens to upsetting situations; ‘What would the other person in this conflict say?’
• Fuel positive emotions by expressing thanks and appreciation in your emails and conversations.
• Reduce interruptions by performing important tasks away from busy phones and e-mail.
• Respond to voicemails and e-mails at designated times during the day.
• Every night, identify the most important challenge for the next day. Then make it your first priority that day.
• Identify your ‘sweet spot’ activities—those that give you feelings of effectiveness, effortless absorption and fulfilment. Find ways to do more of these.
• Allocate time and energy to what you consider most important. For example, spend the last 20 minutes of your evening commute relaxing, so you can connect with your family once you’re home.
• Live your core values. For instance, if being on time is important to you, show up five minutes early for meetings.
Take a natural stress supplement
Boost your intake of B vitamins so that your adrenal glands and nervous system are able to function optimally in times of stress and pressure. Blackmores have some great products to help naturally support your body’s stress management abilities:
1. Women’s D-Stress (60 tablets, RRP $28.95)
2. Executive B Stress Formula (28 tablets RRP $14.40, 62 tablets RRP $27.70, 125 tablets RRP $48.70)
Image / FreeDigitalPhotos.net – David Castillo Dominici