Crunchy Peanut Salad
For a tasty, flavourful addition to any meal, this Crunchy Peanut Salad is full of fibre and plenty of vegetables.
Serves: 2-3 people
– 1 Carrot, Julienned
– Handful Bean sprouts, Tails removed
– 2 Handfuls Chinese Cabbage, Shredded
– Small handful Coriander leaves, Coarsley chopped
– Lime slices, For garnishing
– 1 Tblspn Peanut sauce
– 2 Tblspns Roasted peanuts, Crushed (+ more for tossing)
– 3 cloves Garlic, Peeled
– 2 Bird’s Eye Chillies
– 1 tspn Sugar
– 1 tspn Fish sauce
– Lime juice from 2 limes + more if needed
Mix carrot, bean sprouts and Chinese cabbage together.
For the dressing, pound all ingredients with a mortar and pestle. Mix well and drizzle over the vegetables. Add more lime juice if too dry, or a splash of hot water to loosen the salad. Toss with more roasted peanuts.
Garnish with coriander and lime slices. Serve.
Used with permission from My Little Soho Kitchen by Michelle Tchea.