I aim to eat intuitively most of the time, but just out of interest (because I’m doing a nutrition coaching course right now!) I tracked my macros over the past few weeks and it seems that being pregnant has given me an aversion to protein as my intake has been on the low side recently.
Super quick and easy to make in the morning, this has become my staple breakfast; there’s vitamins, minerals, fibre, and a good mix of carbs, fats and protein to give your body a good kickstart to the day. It leaves me feeling full, happy, and who doesn’t love a breakfast food that tastes like chocolate?!
Only problem is having to hide in the corner of the kitchen to drink it so my toddler doesn’t ask for it…
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped (or just broken up if you don’t have the time!)
- 1 cup your choice of milk (i.e. almond, coconut, soy, cow’s…)
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (you could replace with a tbsp of cocoa or cacao powder if you’d prefer)
- Several tbsps rolled oats or half a Weet-bix
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Small handful of ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Image / NZ Real Health