7 ways to keep your blood pressure down
The importance of keeping your blood pressure down can’t be overestimated. Statistically, a 35 year old person with a blood pressure of 160/100 will live 16 years less than the same individual with a ‘normal’ blood pressure of 120/80! There are a number of natural ways that can help:
- Reduce your weight, if you are overweight – controlled, sensible dieting can significantly lower blood pressure in overweight individuals.
- Decrease sodium and sugar intake and increase potassium in your diet.
- Take regular exercise and adequate rest.
- Eliminate caffeine.
- Eat more onions and garlic.
- Don’t smoke.
- Avoid stress or anxiety-provoking situations.
Chill baby! 😀
On the other side of things, low blood pressure, unless extreme, is much better to have unless you suffer from dizziness (if you do exerience it, try taking 1-3 kelp tablets daily). Low-normal blood pressure is often the sign of a fit and healthy individual.
Image / FreeDigitalPhotos.net – markuso